Saturday 17 December 2011

Guest Post: by Sara


Put an end to this madness...
The further into the winter season we get, the more I am seeing my least favourite thing in the world... UGG boots! I had a chat (or should I say debate) with a friend from work the other day about whether or not these UGG-ly boots should be abolished. Now, you may be thinking these are very strong feelings towards something as harmless as a boot, and to that I would have to say NAY! (Yes old English captures my feelings best). If worn in the correct way, I can understand it’s purpose. By that, of course, I mean if you’re in leggings and a comfy sweater running out to the store briefly, or if you have just finished snowboarding or skiing. However, the problem with that is I always see women wearing them with a skirt, dress, or jeans for everyday wear. I fear that women find this type of outfitting is acceptable because of the outrageous number of celebs we see wearing them while on set going from their trailer to shoot a scene. Let’s get one thing straight ladies – real life is no movie set! I’m all for being inspired by celeb style; but this one is best left alone. Now that I have finished my rant; I will in turn provide you with perfectly acceptable alternatives for your footsies in the cold weather!



Frye Engineer 8R Boot
Aldo Boot
Vita Tall Heeled Riding Boot
Knee High Hunter Boot

No comments:

Post a Comment